COVID-19 – Contract Position
The COVID-19 virus has resulted in restricted traffic to and from Prince Rupert and other access points.
To enforce that decision, and to keep our community safe, we are hiring Security Personnel to guard our community. This includes monitoring watercraft at Tuck Landing and the Harbour.
- Monitoring Access Points at Tucks Inlet & Harbor
- Observe, record, and report activities and security incidents
- Greeting visitors, checking visitors arriving and departing, ensuring that passengers are on the approved list for ferry travel.
- Prior experience in security
- Flexible and available to work days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behavior, and non-defensive communication
- Physical ability to perform the tasks of the role, including patrolling and standing for extended periods of time.
- Positive Attitude
- Reliable and committed
- Work under pressure
Experience and Education Requirements
- BC Security License is not mandatory
- Valid Class 5, or Class 7N BC Driver’s License
- OFA L1 or equivalent
- Bear Aware
- Provide a negative Drug and Alcohol Test
This will be approximately 40 hours a week for as long as the COVID-19 crisis lasts.
Kindly submit a cover letter, resume and three current professional references to:
Lax Kw’alaams Band
Attn: Luke Pastulovic
206 Shashaak Street
Lax Kw’alaams, BC V0V 1H0
Email: [email protected]
Applications can also be dropped off at the Band Office.
Closing date for applications is January 29 at 1:00 pm.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates must be willing to undergo a criminal records check.by