The Lax Kw’alaams Band has a position open for an On Call RECEPTIONIST. The position reports directly to the Assistant to the CAO.
Responsible for receiving the public at the reception center, answering and directing the public’s telephone calls, receiving payments, selling goods and services of the Band, handling cash, sorting, distributing mail, typing as required, and managing the community channel bulletin board.
- Receiving the general public at the reception area
- Responding to requests from the public;
- Answering and directing telephone calls;
- Selling goods and services of the Band (gasoline, cigarettes, cable);
- Cheque cashing and handling other cash transactions;
- Sorting and distributing mail;
- Typing as required;
- Updating the community message board on the community channel.
- Minimum of Grade 12;
- College Business Technology – Office Assistant or equivalent;
- Familiar with a computerized environment;
- Class 5 Drivers License would be beneficial;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be neat in appearance, with outgoing, friendly and cooperative personality;
- Ability to work under pressure, and in a fast paced environment;
- Pleasant telephone manner and ability to maintain a professional attitude;
- Knowledge of Tsimshian Culture would be a benefit.
This is a Unionized position within CUPE Local 2365. Wages and benefits will be per the Collective Agreement. This position is open to male and female applicants.
Please submit applications including covering letter and Resume to:
Lisa Green, Assistant to the CAO
Closing date for applications is
Friday December 11, 2020 12 Noonby