Council is pleased to announce the reopening of the swimming pool and the Brighter Futures program. The openings will occur slowly, in incremental steps, and we ask that all residents honour the COVID protocols we have put in place.
- The pool will reopen Thursday, September 10 for residents only. Visitors and contractors must abide by these restrictions.
- We are limiting entry to 15 people at a time. Patrons cannot stay longer than an hour so that we can be fair to everyone. If there aren’t 15 people in line and room is available after your hour, we may allow you to remain.
- The sauna and steam room will remain closed. The hot tub is limited to 3 people.
- You must make reservations for your time slot. Please call 250-625-3352.
- Please practice social distancing with non-family members. Members of the same family can obviously play with one another. Our staff knows who is who, so please be guided by their instructions.
- Change rooms will remain closed. Please come to the pool with your bathing suits underneath your clothing. We will have benches for you on the pool deck and you can put your street clothing there. Please change and shower at home. The family room will remain open for those who need the bathroom, but lockers will remain closed.
- Please remain outside the building until your time slot. The recreation complex door will be open during post office hours but please respect our request. When the post office is closed, the front door will remain locked until your time slot.
- Staff will continually be sanitizing. Please do your part by keeping the pool and the deck clean, wash your hands, practice social distancing and hygiene, and think about and respect your neighbour.
- The weight room and gym will remain closed. As we gain greater and greater control, we will start to increase our programming to the community.
- The hours of operation are as follows:
- Sunday CLOSED
- Monday CLOSED
- Tuesday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Wednesday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Thursday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Friday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm, 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- The Brighter Futures program will re-start next week, Monday, September 14.
- We are limiting entry to 10 youth at a time.
- Please call in advance to reserve a spot. The number is 250-625-3099
- Please call ahead to reserve a spot for your child. We will attempt to be fair and we will try to allocate time slots so that as many children as possible are accommodated.
- We will be administering temperature checks. Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Masks will also be available.
- Anyone who is sick will be sent home. Please cooperate.
Everyone be safe. Once we have complete control on our programming, we will increase the level of service.