Training and paid work experience – Lax Kw’alaams
The Mentored Work Placement Program is returning on November 21st, 2022.
The program is roughly 6 weeks of training, followed by 6 weeks of work experience with the maintenance department.
Training is open to all members. Room available for 8-12 people per course.
Paid work experience is limited to 6 youth age 15-30, who are not in school, and are unemployed or underemployed.
- OFA1 & Transportation Endorsement – Nov 21st & 22nd
- Ground disturbance – Nov 23rd
- H2S Training (Hydrogen Sulphide) – date TBD
- Bear Aware & WHMIS – Nov 28th
- Fall Protection – Nov 29th
- Rigging – Nov 30th
- Forklift – Theory Dec 1st, Practical Dec 7th & 8th
- Traffic Control – Dec 5th & 6th
- Chainsaw Safety & Cutting Techniques – Dec 12th & 13th
- Resume & Cover Letter – Dec 14th & 15th
- Learn 2 Drive – Jan 9th-13th, 2023
Dates may be subject to change, based on instructor availability
- Training allowance
- Safety gear
- Travel to Prince Rupert for class 7L test (driving test)
- Paid work experience for 6 eligible youth
For more info, contact:
(250) 625-3293 ext. 231