Notice is hereby given that the Lax Kw’alaams Band has called an Election in accordance with the Lax Kw’alaams Band Election Regulations (2023) and the Lax Kw’alaams Indian Band Settlement Trust Agreement, for the purpose of electing Five (5) Trustees and Twelve (12) Members of Council and One (1) Mayor on November 21, 2023 for the next four (4) year term.
NOMINATION PERIOD OCTOBER 3, 2023 TO OCTOBER 10, 2023 AT 5:00 PM
In accordance with the Lax Kw’alaams Band Election Regulations (2023) and the Lax Kw’alaams Indian Band Settlement Trust Agreement, there are requirements that MUST be satisfied in order for an eligible Elector to become a candidate. Be sure to consult the Election Regulations and/or contact the Electoral Officer for more information.
Click on the links below to download or print the election document(s). These documents are also available on the OneFeather website.
THE ELECTION WILL BE HELD NOVEMBER 21, 2023 9:00 AM TO 8:00 PM
- Lax Kw’alaams Elders Lodge 1600 Church Street Lax Kw’alaams, BC
- Prince Rupert Polling Station 824 – 3rd Avenue West Prince Rupert, BC
- Electronic Voting Starting November 7, 2023 at 9:00 AM and concluding November 21, 2023 at 8:00 PM
Electors may vote electronically, in person, or by mail-in ballot by submitting a Request for Mail-In Ballot to the Electoral Officer.
For more information, please contact the Electoral Officer at OneFeather:
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 250-384-8200
- Toll Free: 1-855-923-3006
- 209-852 Fort Street, Victoria, B.C., V8W 1H8