NOTICE IS HERE BY GIVEN THAT a general election has been called pursuant to and in accordance with the Lax Kw’alaams Band Election Regulations. Eligible electors at least 18 years of age may nominate other eligible electors as candidates for the purpose of electing one (1) Mayor and twelve (12) councillors and five (5) Trustees on November 19, 2019 for their next ensuing term. Specific procedures must be followed to complete a successful nomination and to be affirmed as a candidate – please review this notice, forms and the election regulations fully.
OPENS 9:00AM – SEPTEMBER 27, 2019
CLOSES 5:00PM – OCTOBER 4, 2019
NOMINATION PAPERS MAY BE OBTAINED DIRECTLY FROM THE ELECTORAL OFFICER OR DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEBSITE:
You may only submit nomination papers for one of the offices of the Mayor, and one on-reserve Councillor or off-reserve councillor and up to 5 Trustees.
• A nomination must be endorsed by other eligible electors – use forms and instructions provided – contact the Electoral Officer if you have questions or need clarification.
• The candidate must declare they meet the eligibility requirements, and that they consent to being nominated as a candidate.
• A $100 non-refundable fee must be received payable to the Lax Kw’alaams Band.
• Forms/Fees or other nomination materials received after 5:00pm on October 4, 2019 will not be accepted.
• All nomination documents must be sent directly to the Electoral Officer. It is the submitting party’s responsible to ensure and confirm that all documents have been received by the Electoral Officer.
NOTICE OF POLLING INFORMATION
NOVEMBER 19, 2019 – 8:00 AM TO 8:00 PM
LAX KW’ALAAMS ELDERS LODGE
LAX KW’ALAAMS BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT LP 100 – 1ST AVE EAST – PRINCE RUPERT
ANY ELECTOR WHO WISHES TO VOTE BY MAIL MAY DO SO BY REQUESTING A MAIL IN BALLOT VOTING PACKAGE DIRECTLY FROM THE ELECTORAL OFFICER.
If you wish to have your name and address released to any candidate for this election for the purpose of them sending you their campaign information or literature, please send an email to the Electoral Officer indicating your approval and preference for receiving information – by mail (include your mailing address) or by email (provide your email address)
For more information please contact:
Lawrence Lewis, Chief Electoral Officer
Ph/txt: (250) 384-8200
Email: [email protected]
Nicole Hajash, Electoral Officer
Office: (250) 384-8200
Email: [email protected]
Office: (250) 384-8200 TF: 1-855-458-5888 Fax: 250 384-5416
PO Box 35008 Hillside, Victoria, BC V8T 5G2