Warehouse Laborer Full-Time
Warehouse Laborer Full-Time
Date Classified: May 16, 2023 Business Unit: Housing Department
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Director of Housing
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an opening for a full-time Warehouse General Laborer for the Housing
Department. The successful candidate should be able to follow instructions, wear steel-toe boots and other industry-specified Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times, complete work assigned by the required deadline, be physically fit, demonstrate wellness, and be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
▪ Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
▪ Sort and distribute incoming deliveries.
▪ Maintain the tools on the job site, using and storing them properly and securely at the end of every day.
▪ Report discrepancies to the supervisor.
▪ Provide manual labour on various tasks and assignments.
▪ Assist with carpentry, painting, labourer and minor plumbing work for community buildings repairs and renovations.
▪ Perform a variety of tasks, including landscaping, weeding, raking, garbage collection, sweeping and clean-up.
▪ Operate basic hand tools such as shovels, rakes etc.
▪ Must be physically able to complete a variety of General Labourer tasks.
▪ Must be able to tolerate a dusty and noisy work environment.
▪ Must have a strong work ethic and commit to the work schedule.
▪ Operate Band owned equipment in accordance with qualifications, experience and training.
▪ Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
▪ High School Diploma or GED required.
▪ Self-motivated, ability to work safely and independently without constant supervision.
▪ Previous warehouse experience or similar setting.
▪ Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms and/or legs.
▪ Care about the quality of work; can work well on a team and follow safety standards.
▪ Experience using (or ability to learn) power equipment and capable of learning through on-the-job training.
▪ Able to work inside and outside in year-round weather conditions.
▪ In good physical condition, able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., sit and stand for extended periods, kneel,
climb ladders, and walk on varied terrain.
▪ Respect diversity – treat others with respect; avoid unnecessary conflict.
▪ Complete Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and First-Aid Level 1 upon
▪ Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
▪ A current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages will be $22.92 + cola (cost of living allowance) as of April 1, 2023 hourly.
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
▪ May 30,2022
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager
Email resume to: [email protected]