Teachers – 3 Positions
Date Classified: August 14, 2023 Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Business Unit: Wap Suwilaawksa Reporting to: School Principal
The Lax Kw’alaams Band and the Wap Suwilaawksa School have an immediate opening for 3 full-time
Teachers. If you have a passion and a gift for inspiring young minds, we are looking for you. We are currently recruiting 3 new teachers to join our outstanding faculty of teachers. You are someone who incorporates technology and hands-on learning experiences into the classroom with enthusiasm.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
▪ Create daily lesson plans and learning activities based on BC Ministry of Education standards in education.
▪ Plan for class activities, including preparing units and daily lesson plans, identifying materials to implement class activities, preparing class projects, giving students feedback on completed work to ensure mastery of presented material, and grading tests and assignments in a timely manner.
▪ Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using various proven methods.
▪ Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
▪ Evaluate student performance on tasks established by the standards using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other standard test practices.
▪ Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modelling expected behaviour and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviours that are not in line with the school
▪ Communicate with parents regularly about schedules, assignments, events and individual student needs. Meet with parents during scheduled conferences during the school year.
▪ Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
▪ Perform other tasks within the scope of the position.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
▪ Only candidates holding certification to teach grades 6,7,8 within British Columbia. Candidates should hold a degree or other related fields.
▪ Experience teaching general courses in grades 6, 7, 8.
▪ Experience and/or training in at least one of the streams of science: Science, Computers.
▪ Proven record of professionalism, punctuality, flexibility, dependability, and reliability. Strong communication skills.
▪ Highly motivated and able to work independently; must be able to schedule and prioritize work.
▪ Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
▪ Able to deal with people sensitivity, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages will be $58,000.00 – $95,000.00 per annum.
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
▪ August 28, 2023.
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry.
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager,
Email : [email protected]