Supervisor: Membership and Accounts Payable
Date Classified: September 14, 2023 Business Unit: Membership and Accounts Payable
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Supervisor: Membership and Accounts Payable. You are expected to be self-motivated, self-directed and take the initiative in the tasks that need to be completed in a timely manner. The position will be required to be available for work on weekends and weekday/ evening shifts.
- Trains and oversees employees involved in the Payables and Membership functions.
- Directs assigned tasks and provides assistance as needed.
- Assists with Interviews for prospective employees.
- Assists with performance evaluations.
The Membership Supervisor will oversee official registration services and provision of vital statistics for the Band membership, including compliance with regulations and laws.
- Act as registrar for Band membership by receiving and processing all data, applications, and registrations in accordance with regulations for vital statistics such as births, deaths, status, etc.
- Ensure detailed, accurate computerized records and files are maintained, to efficiently research and recover family information to meet membership needs and to prepare reports as required.
- Assist members promptly with applications and forms, explain regulations, issue documents, and collect fees as applicable.
- Research, collate and prepare reports and resolutions for Band Council approval.
- Maintain current information on regulations, legal updates as required for the benefit of band membership.
- Liaise with other Band employees to provide service to Band Membership.
The Accounts Payable Supervisor will oversee an accounts payable team, direct the processing of invoices and payments, manage liaison with vendors and manage expense accounts.
- Ensure correct payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop or enforce guidelines for proper handling and coding of invoices.
- Analyze expense reports and other invoices for accuracy and eligibility for payment.
- Work with the Senior Finance Officer to review and post accounts Payable batches.
- Reconcile accounts payable total and general ledger with other applicable records (e.g., subsidiary vendors ledger).
- Facilitate correct and timely preparation of budget reports and purchase journals.
- Ensure proper audit trail is maintained for all payments.
- Liaise with auditors about the Accounts Payable process, system and records.
May be asked to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Degree or Diploma in Business, Management or Accounting plus 3 years in a similar role.
- Or a minimum of ten (10) years of experience with proven progressive areas of responsibilities in a similar role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Thorough understanding of accounts payable and membership functions.
- Excellent supervisory and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate staff.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
- The successful candidate may be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $29.05/hour.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
- Open until filled.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources
Department: [email protected]