Summer Student Supervisor Term
Date Classified: June 26, 2023 Business Unit: Public Works Department
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Director of Infrastructure
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a temporary full-time Summer Student Supervisor.
Under the direction of the Director of Infrastructure, the Summer Student Supervisor will oversee the
management of summer students, including the mentored work experience students. They will plan, prepare, organize, and communicate written reports and verbal skills necessary. They will also liaise with other managers in monitoring the summer students in the employment summer program.
This is a term position that is expected to start on July 24, 2023 and end on August 25, 2023.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
▪ Monitor and supervise all summer student employees.
▪ Assist in the planning, preparing, and organizing of the necessary summer student program.
▪ Liaise with other departments to carry out the training and mentorship.
▪ Administer attendance and gather performance evaluations for the students.
▪ Comply with WCB health and safety standards.
▪ If necessary, participate in conflict resolution – mediate should any conflict arise.
▪ Good standing in the community with knowledge of community members.
▪ Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
▪ Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
▪ Completion of Grade 12 or a combination of education and experience will be considered.
▪ A collaborative working style.
▪ Participate in mandatory occupational and health safety training as needed.
▪ Knowledge of Word and Excel will be an asset.
▪ Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
▪ Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
▪ Valid BC driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
▪ The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a
Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment
Compensation & Benefits
▪ The wages are paid in accordance with the current Collective Agreement. Your rate of pay will be
$21.69 per hour, bi-weekly.
▪ Term length: 4 weeks (35 hrs/week 8:30 am – 4:30 pm).
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders
▪ July 10, 2023
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager,
Email: [email protected]