Reception- School– 1 Position Fulltime
Date Classified: November 27, 2023
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Business Unit: Wap Suwilaawksa
Reporting to: School Principal
The Lax Kw’alaams Band and the Wap Suwilaawksa School have an immediate opening for full-time Reception position. The successful candidate will provide administrative and accounting support.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Receiving the general public at the reception area
- Responding to requests from the students and parents
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Enter data into a computer on a timely
- Prepare travel arrangements and expenses.
- Assist other staff with regular accounting duties including month and year end processes as directed.
- Operate office equipment including calculators, photocopier, fax machine and computer
- Prepares and processes account payable and accounting data.
- Expereince with creating spreadsheets and MYED are considered an asset
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
▪ Ability to manage priorities
▪ Ability to meet deadlines
▪ Experience with office procedures and a computerized environment
▪ Able to deal effectively with the public
▪ Maintain strict confidentiality
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree or Post-secondary diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration combined with experience using Microsoft Office and computerized accounting systems, or a relevant combination of experience in Reception roles and credentials will be considered
- Two years of experience in a similar position considered an asset
- Highly computer literate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, a sense of urgency and communication skills.
- A team player, able to perform a full range of activities as necessary
- Payworks experience is an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment
- The successful candidate will remain in full compliance with all public health orders and Band policies throughout their employment
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages and benefits will be per the Collective Agreement.
▪ This position is open to all genders
▪ This is a Unionized position within BCGEU
Submission Deadline: December 8, 2023
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
▪ Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
▪ Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager by email: [email protected]