Patient Travel Clerk
Lax kw'alaams band
Patient Travel Clerk
Date Classified: May 16, 2023 Business Unit: Health Centre
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Health Director
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Full time Patient Travel Clerk. The successful
candidate will be responsible for arranging out-of-town transportation for medical appointments along with other related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
▪ Assist community members with accommodation for stay during medical travels;
▪ Advocate for community members with First Nations Health Authority for extenuating circumstances;
▪ Maintain files and provide reports as deemed necessary for travel purposes;
▪ Order cheque requisitions from the financial department;
▪ Process bill payments/invoices and file monthly reports with First Nations Health Authority;
▪ Must be knowledgeable with First Nations Health Authority patient travel policy or prepared to take the necessary course to become knowledgeable and on the job training can be provided;
▪ Collaborate with other health professionals in a professional manner;
▪ Knowledgeable with computer systems and can navigate these systems easily;
▪ Follow the direction of the Health Director when needed for some extenuating circumstances;
▪ Maintain client confidentiality, must be responsible and ethical;
▪ Attend and participate in team meetings;
▪ Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
▪ Completed Grade 12;
▪ Excellent Computer Office Skills;
▪ Pleasant telephone manner;
▪ Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
▪ On-call as needed;
▪ Good standing in the community with knowledge of community members;
▪ First Aid and CPR preferred or willing to take;
▪ A valid driver’s license;
▪ Good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, time
management, interpersonal skills; confidentiality, professional conduct, sound judgement, respectful,
diplomacy, empathy, sympathy and integrity;
▪ Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle;
▪ The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a
Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages will be $26.15 hourly + cola (cost of living allowance) as of April 1, 2023.
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to male and female applicants.
▪ May 31, 2023
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager at