Date Classified: September 16, 2022
Business Unit: Employment/Training Department
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Lax Kw’alaams Business Development has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Manager of Employment and Training. This position will be responsible for the management, organization, coordination, research, and planning as it relates to the development of workforce related training programs that will successfully lead to employment.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and manage the Lax Kw’alaams Business Development employment and training database.
- Oversee training programs, engage with service providers and advertise for recruitment of trainees.
- Be the primary point of administrative contact and liaison for Lax Kw’alaams members seeking employment or workforce training.
- Research information, compile statistics, gather and compute various data and prepare regular and/or add hoc reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries.
- Prepare funding applications to various funding agencies to support workforce training programs.
- Compile and prepare project budgets and manage expenditures within designated projects.
- perform all other tasks within the scope of the position.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with Adobe In-Design, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office Suite, web platforms and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree with languages or social sciences as a major.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities simultaneously.
- 5+ years of experience in a First Nation organization, non-profit organization, or the public sector.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues, demonstrating tact, initiative and flexibility.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check, as a condition of employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
- You can expect a supportive work environment, a total compensation package that includes a competitive wage, extended health and dental benefits.
- Open until filled.
- Preference would be given to Lax Kw’alaams Band members or persons with knowledge of the Coast Tsimshian People.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]