Date Classified: May 1, 2023
Business Unit: Maintenance
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Director of Infrastructure
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for 1 seasonal full-time Maintenance Laborer Lead. The successful candidate will be carrying out all the tasks within the seasonal maintenance program.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Under the direct supervision of the Public Works Director or designate, the maintenance lead shall be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Overseeing a team of 6- 8 seasonal laborers
- Brush Cutting
- Grass Cutting
- Creek Maintenance and Restoration
- Check all culvert heads for debris and clear if necessary;
- Store equipment and tools properly;
- Adhere to all safety & security policies;
- Prepare daily activity reports and follow maintenance schedules;
- Operate vehicles;
- Attendance at workshops & training as requested;
- Perform manual labor including climbing into confined areas in adverse conditions to carry out repair and installation procedures;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Preference for candidates in possession of a Class 5 ( minimum) or Class 3, 1, drivers license and be able to show a responsible driving record; Required
- Deal with the public in a courteous and considerate manner;
- Work conditions may be hazardous. Must be in good health & physical condition;
- Preference will be given to candidates possessing experience and an education background in public works.
- Candidate must show a responsible attitude and desire to perform the duties required.
- Expereince leading a team in an outdoor environment
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of using tools, machinery
- Ability to oversee and teach safety while using tools and machinery
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Criminal Record Check Required
- First Aid or OFA considered an asset
- Commitment to a Healthy lifestyle.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $ 20.30 hourly + Cola (Cost of Living Allowance) as of April 1 2023.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
- Health, Dental Benefits
Submission Deadline: May 8, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry or current Cupe Members.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department
- Email Resume or Inquiries to: [email protected]
- Phone Direct Line #1-672-647-0075