JOB OPPORTUNITY Housing Maintenance Laborer – On Call
Housing Maintenance Laborer – On Call
Date Classified: March 30, 2023 Business Unit: Housing
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Housing Manager
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for an On Call Housing Maintenance Laborer. The successful candidates will be carrying out all the tasks within the housing maintenance program.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager or designate. The on call maintenance housing worker shall be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
• Working with a team or individually
• Experience working with hand tools and machinery
• Store equipment and tools properly;
• Painting, Drywall, Basic Carpentry
• Adhere to all safety & security policies;
• Prepare daily activity reports and follow maintenance schedules;
• Operate vehicles;
• Attendance at workshops & training as requested;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Possession of a Class 5 ( minimum) or Class 3, 1, drivers license and be able to show a responsible driving record; Required
• Deal with the public in a courteous and considerate manner;
• Work conditions may be hazardous. Must be in good health & physical condition;
• Preference will be given to candidates possessing experience and an education background in maintenance or construction.
• Candidate must show a responsible attitude and desire to perform the duties required.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines
• Criminal Record Check Required
• First Aid or OFA considered an asset
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages will be $ 22.91 hourly + Cola( Cost of living allowance) as of April 1, 2023.
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all gender.
▪ Health, Dental Benefits
Submission Deadline: April 13, 2023
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department
▪ Email Resume or Inquiries to: [email protected]
▪ Phone Direct Line #1-672-647-0075