Fulltime – 2 positions
Date Classified: October 26, 2023
Business Unit: Housing
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Director of Housing
The Lax Kw’alaams Band and the Housing Department have immediate openings for 2 full-time Carpenters.
The successful candidate will be carrying out all the tasks within the Housing department.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Under the direct supervision of the Housing Director or designate. Carpenters shall be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
- Variety of jobs, including the installation of doors and windows, building different pieces of furniture, rebuilding roofs, and design and build kitchens.
- Responsible for identifying materials that need to be used, finding the right suppliers for that material, and working with a team of specialists who have the necessary skills and expertise to build and complete those projects.
- Perform woodworking tasks
- Prepare daily reports and follow maintenance schedules
- Operate vehicles
- Attendance at workshops & training as requested
- Perform manual labor including climbing into confined areas in adverse conditions to carry out repair and installation procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Preference for candidates in possession of a Class 5 (minimum) or Class 3, 1, driver’s license and be able to show a responsible driving record; Required
- Deal with the public in a courteous and considerate manner
- Work conditions may be hazardous. Must be in good health & physical condition
- Candidate must show a responsible attitude and desire to perform the duties required.
- Experience working in an outdoor environment
- Familiar with BC Building Codes
- Must be able to work at heights safely
- Advanced knowledge of using tools, machinery
- Ability to oversee and teach safety while using tools and machinery
- Ability to work under pressure and meet timelines
- Criminal Record Check Required
- First Aid or OFA considered an asset
- Commitment to a Healthy lifestyle
- Basic plumbing and electrical experience is an asset
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages based on experience and certifications
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders
▪ Health, Dental Benefits
Submission Deadline: November 15, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry or current CUPE Members.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager
- Email Resume or Inquiries to: [email protected]