Date Classified: July 12, 2023
Business Unit: Health Centre
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Health Director
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a full time Health Administrative Assistant to work with Clients and the Health team. The Health Administrative Assistant will prepare files, records associated with program delivery and assist the Health Director with clerical and reporting protocols. The successful candidate will screen Lax Kw’alaams Health Program clients and capture pertinent data, prepare and review a variety of memorandums, correspondence, reports, public notices, permits and documents as assigned. They will complete various forms, and prepare and distribute reports for review and use. The Health Administrative assistand will prepare and maintain a variety of forms used by health programs, and will work closely with the CHR and the MHT. This position reports to the Health Director.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work in collaboration with the health care team
- Collaborate with other health professionals in a polite, courteous manner
- Knowledgeable with computer systems and can navigate these systems easily
- Maintain client confidentiality, must be responsible and ethical
- Attend and participate in team meetings
- Prepare monthly reports as needed for the Lax Kw’alaams Health Programs
- Track individual interventions and disseminate to all necessary parties
- Provide clerical support to assist designated health department staff in the completion of their duties and responsibilities
- Answer questions and provide information to the public and other Band departments
- Assist clients and member to complete forms as needed.
- Maintain a variety of files and filing systems, division records retention system and materials storage and/or destruction; prepare, maintain and update various records; research and verify information as requested
- Prepare materials and correspondence for distribution within the Band and to other related external businesses and governmental agencies; photocopy, mail or fax materials as necessary.
- Screen and direct calls and visitors as appropriate; may assist in scheduling travel arrangements, reservations, daily operations or meetings as assigned
- Enter and verify a variety of data into the computer system including but not limited to expenditure requests, vendor file data, journal vouchers and cashed checks; backup computer as assigned.
- May order print and non-print materials and research vendor prices as appropriate.
- May maintain outstanding purchase orders for office supplies and associated materials; prepare books for circulation as assigned.
- May oversee billing, ordering, maintain repair and maintenance contracts on all Health Department business equipment.
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and all interdepartmental mail.
- Attend various Health department functions as required; prepare agendas and associated materials
- May participate in annual department budget preparation.
- May participate in a variety of activities involving travel between various Band facilities and to other related external business and government agencies which may include collecting and distributing mail and picking up materials and supplies.
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned
- Excellent Computer Office Skills
- Pleasant in person and telephone manners
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good standing in the community with knowledge of community members
- Good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, time management, interpersonal skills; confidentiality, professional conduct, sound judgement, respectful, diplomacy, empathy, sympathy and integrity
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle
- Experience working with First Nations
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One year of responsible secretarial and clerical experience working in a customer service capacity; type 35 wpm.
- Basic business letter writing, report preparation, record keeping, accurate data entry
- Operate a variety of office equipment including computers, facsimile machines, photocopiers, laser printers, adding machines
- Maintain personal and confidential medical information according to guidelines.
- Available to work all shifts, weekends, holidays as necessary
- Tactfully respond to requests and inquiries from the general public
- Simultaneously perform a variety of clerical functions
- Establish and maintain cooperative-working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Flexibly adapt to a variety of work situations and interruptions
- Organize work for appropriate and timely completion.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $25.58 hourly, less biweekly deductions
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders
- July 26, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indegenous Ancestry.
- We invite all interested to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager, Email: [email protected]