General Labourer – 1 year term contract position
Lax Kw'alaams Band and Health Centre
Posted 1 month ago
Date Classified: April 18, 2023
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Business Unit: Health Centre
Reporting to: Health Director
The Lax Kw’alaams Band and the Health Centre have an immediate opening for a short-term contract General Labourer. The successful candidate should be able to follow instructions and be able to work in extreme winter conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Shovel snow and salt designated areas.
- Ability to work all shifts, including weekends and early morning, as required.
- Provide manual labour on various other tasks and assignments as required.
- Maintain the tools on the job site, using and storing them properly and securely at the end of every day.
- Must have a strong work ethic and commit to the work schedule.
- Follow a timekeeping system as directed by the Supervisor.
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must be able to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with body, arms and/or legs.
- Experience using a snow shovel and other winter equipment.
- Care about the quality of work; can work well on a team and follow safety standards.
- Self-motivated, ability to work safely and independently without constant supervision.
- Able to work in cold and snow environments.
- In good physical condition, able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs., sit and stand for extended periods, kneel, climb ladders, andwalk on varied terrain.
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect; avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a personal addiction-free lifestyle.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check if requested.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $22.91 hourly. This is a 1 year term contract position.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all gender.
- April 25, 2023.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
This job is closed. You cannot apply for closed jobs.