Ferry Reservation Clerk Part Time
Date Classified: November 29, 2023 Business Unit: Ferry Services
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Ferry Captain
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a permanent part time Ferry Reservation Clerk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking bookings for the Lax Kw’alaams Ferry Services and must be available to work on weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
▪ Receiving telephone bookings for ferries.
▪ Make appropriate bookings according to the vessel accommodation (e.g., number of passengers allowed, size and weight of vehicles, etc.).
▪ Deal with emergency calls received and relate appropriate information to the appropriate Ferry Master.
▪ Issue bookings to ferry crews in advance of sailings.
▪ Record bookings for each journey.
▪ Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
▪ Must be enthusiastic, resourceful, able to provide excellent customer service experience and have strong verbal and written communication.
▪ Experience in customer service/ hospitality is an asset.
▪ Must be able to work independently and as part of the team, be self-motivated and pay close attention to detail.
▪ Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
▪ The successful candidate may be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
▪ Must remain in full compliance with all public health orders and Band policies throughout their employment.
Compensation & Benefits
▪ Wages will be $23.04 hourly.
▪ This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders
▪ December 8, 2023.
▪ Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry.
▪ We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager at [email protected]