The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Casual and On-Call Assistant CHR to work with clients in their homes, supporting the Health team.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Good connection within the community
- Assist CHR Program planning
- Assist with ordering and planning of events and programs
- Promoting Health Center information in newsletter format
- Assist advocating for community members
- Assist in provide pre-natal workshops and pre-natal care to support new mothers in the community.
- Make home visits to the sick, aged, new mothers and others with health care needs.
- Assist increating/ updating a client list for all ages, assists in school with immunization and health education. • Distribute health related information and educate with guidance from CHR/CHN
- Assists and helps manage programs with team
- Collaborates with other health professionals
- Assist with water safety checks
- Advocates on behalf of clients and makes links to various services
- Provides health information and provides information of health services
- Sets-up and assists with workshops, clinics, and activities for community development, prevention, awareness initiatives and health education
- Provides transportation to clients who require it • Addresses safety concerns, ensure environmental health safety
- Assists with Community Garden
- Assists with Community Kitchen
- Other duties as assigned
- Combination of Education and Certification in Health/ Community considered an asset
- Computer Office skills preferred
- Knowledge base in Food skills and Community Health Education
- First Aid and CPR preferred
- Good standing in community with knowledge of community members
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Criminal Check Required
Compensation and Benefits:
- Wages will be $ 24.24 hourly, less biweekly deductions
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders
- November 14, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indegenous Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager, Email: [email protected]