Casual On Call Administration Officer 2
Date Classified: November 3, 2023
Business Unit: Administrative
Office Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer or Designate
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Casual/ On Call Administration Officer 2.
The successful candidate will provide administrative and accounting support by carrying out the tasks within Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Reception or Financial clerk roles.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Receives, sorts, prepares and processes accounts payable/ receivable data, including obtaining voucher approval for entry in the Band’s computerized accounting system.
- Receiving the general public at the reception area
- Responding to requests from the public
- Answering and directing telephone calls
- Selling goods and services of the Band
- Cheque cashing and handling other cash transactions
- Sorting and distributing mail
- Enter data into a computer on a timely basis to produce cheques and reports and distribute on approval
- Liaise with suppliers to answer queries and to correct or change invoices for tax exemptions
- Reconcile Accounts Payable/ Receivables, records and supplier statements as directed
- Prepare and process travel arrangements and expenses.
- Assist other staff and external auditors with regular accounting duties including month and year end processes as directed.
- Operate office equipment including calculators, photocopier, fax machine and computer as required
- Prepares and processes account payable and accounting data.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Recommended – 2nd year Accounting Certificate
- Must have experience with Adagio software or willing to learn
- Ability to manage priorities
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with office procedures and a computerized environment
- Able to deal politely and effectively with the public and staff members
- Maintain strict confidentiality
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree or Post-secondary diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration combined with experience using Microsoft Office and computerized accounting systems, or a relevant combination of experience and credentials.
- Two years of experience in a similar position.
- Highly computer literate with advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, a sense of urgency and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles and practices.
- A team player, able to perform a full range of finance-related activities as necessary
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
- The successful candidate will remain in full compliance with all public health orders and Band policies throughout their employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages $25.21 per hour
- This position is open to all genders
- This is a Unionized position within CUPE Local 2365, wages and benefits will be per the Collective Agreement.
Submission Deadline: November 20, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
- Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis as applications are received.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager by email: [email protected]