Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer
Date Classified: September 16, 2022
Business Unit: Administration Department
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
The Lax Kw’alaams Business Development has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time position as Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will be responsible for the management, organization, coordination, and planning as it relates to specific functions and activities of the Office of the Chief Operating Officer including preparation of reports for internal and external use.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Oversee and manage the Lax Kw’alaams Business Development websites & social media communications.
- Provide a broad range of communication support and assist in the administration, preparation and distribution of various documents and correspondence.
- Work closely with and support the COO on special initiatives.
- Be the primary point of contact in the absence of the COO and liaise with other departments within the organization.
- Assist with preparation and recording of board meetings.
- Coordinate meetings, maintains confidential files and contact information.
- Supports the COO with external commitments related to Lax Kw’alaams Business Development including services on external boards, committees, or other groups.
- draft funding proposals to various agencies, monitor expenditures for approved projects and prepare reports upon completion.
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Experience with Adobe In-Design, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Microsoft Office Suite, web platforms and databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce, Management, Marketing, or a related field.
- Proven experience in supporting successful communications, media relations, events, and corporate reputation initiatives.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to juggle multiple and sometimes competing priorities simultaneously. Highly organized and detail orientated.
- 5+ years of increasingly responsible experience in a First Nation organization, non-profit organization, or the public sector.
- Valid BC driver’s license.
- Open until filled.
- Preference would be given to Lax Kw’alaams Band members or person with knowledge oft the Coast Tsimshian people.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]
- Only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.