Accounts Payable Finance Clerk – Fulltime
Lax Kw'alaams BAnd
Date Classified: May 2, 2023
Business Unit: Finance Department
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a full time Accounts Payable Finance Clerk. This is a service position in one of the most active service departments in the band. We are embracing technological advancements to speed up our processing efficiency and to adopt sustainable (paper minimal) practices and do our part to save our planet. The successful candidate will provide administrative and accounting support by carrying out the tasks within Accounts Payable, preparing and processing account payable and accounting data.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Receiving, sorting, preparing, and processing accounts payable data, including scanning approved invoices, into the Band’s computerized accounting system.
- Enter data into a computer on a timely basis to produce cheques and reports and distribute on approval.
- Liaise with suppliers to answer queries and to confirm invoice details.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable records and supplier statements on a regular basis.
- Prepare and process travel arrangements and expenses.
- Maintain purchase orders as required.
- Prepare cheques and payment advices for distribution and mailing.
- Assist other staff and external auditors with regular accounting duties including month and year end processes as directed.
- May on occasion be required to perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Perform all other tasks as assigned.
- Recommended – 2nd year Accounting Certificate;
- Must have Adagio training or willing to learn
- Ability to manage priorities;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Experience with office procedures and a computerized environment;
- Able to communicate respectfully and professionally at all times; with the public, suppliers, staff, colleagues and supervisors;
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality;
- High work ethic.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree or Post-secondary diploma in accounting, finance, or business administration combined with experience using Microsoft Office and computerized accounting systems, or a relevant combination of experience and credentials.
- Two years of experience in a similar position.
- Highly computer literate with intermediate to advance Microsoft Excel skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, a sense of urgency and communication skills.
- Good understanding of financial reporting principles and practices, or willing to learn.
- A team player, able to perform a full range of finance-related activities as necessary.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a personal addiction-free lifestyle.
- Provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
- The successful candidate may be asked to be fully COVID vaccinated and remain in full compliance with all public health orders and Band policies throughout their employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $23.58 hourly + Cola (Cost of living allowance) as of April 1, 2023.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
- This is a Unionized position within CUPE Local 2365, wages and benefits will be per the Collective Agreement.
Submission Deadline: May 16, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry.
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to submit their resumes to the Human Resources Manager by email: [email protected]