2 Junior Lifeguards In-Training Part Time Students
Date Classified: November 9, 2023 Business Unit: Recreation
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC Reporting to: Director of Recreation
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for 2 Part Time Lifeguards In-Training. The successful candidate will provide pool supervision to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment and be capable of providing first aid treatment where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist certified Lifeguards to carry out lifeguarding/instructional duties by monitoring safety practices, Red Cross, Lifesaving Society, National Lifeguard Service and Public Health Act Standards to ensure requirements are maintained.
- Assist certified Lifeguards to lead water exercise classes (aquafit & aqua bike); provide instruction and evaluation for program/class participants.
- Assist in maintenance programs, maintain facilities by hosing, scrubbing, polishing, cleaning and continued checking of facility and equipment.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of special events; the promotion of special events and regular program activities by creating and circulating posters, wall case displays and announcements and program registration and inquiries.
- Take reasonable care to protect your own health and safety and the health and safety of other persons affected by their actions by following health and safety requirements affecting their job.
- Asking for training if unfamiliar with work that you are requested to perform, working safely and encouraging coworkers to do the same and correcting unsafe conditions or reporting them to your supervisor.
- Perform other tasks within the scope of the position.
- Consideration of education and experience
- Advanced level of swimming and physical fitness required
- Training and Certification programs provided for Candidates meeting basic qualifications
- Preference for First Aid and CPR Certificates, Red Cross Water Safety Instructor.
- BCRPA AquaFit Instruction; Lifesaving Instructor; First Aid Instructor; Pool Operators Level 1 & 2.
- Lifeguarding and swimming instruction. Swimming pool administration.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to a personal healthy lifestyle.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $ 16.75 per hour.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all genders.
- November 24, 2023
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Indigenous Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Manager: