Date Classified: January 7, 2022
Business Unit: Public Works Department
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Director of Infrastructure
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a permanent full-time Project Coordinator. The successful person will assist general and construction projects providing constructability, risk management and feedback to different groups.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with teams and provide direction on project planning, scheduling, and other related efforts.
- Work alongside and regularly communicate with contractors and other personnel involved in the project.
- Assist and lead as directed onsite meetings with vendors and trades.
- Assist with planning and managing daily operations and project schedules while monitoring progress.
- Facilitate project meetings with multiple groups and proactively identify solutions to support ongoing projects.
- Share knowledge through one-on-one meetings during the project process and lead formal and informal group technical knowledge-sharing sessions with the team.
- Manage stakeholder and project procedures and standards on the project and to learn, interpret and execute project workflows and policies as required.
- Evaluate construction methods and comment on possible cost savings measures and potential construction problems.
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position, as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry (multi-family residential, etc.) or related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in construction management, engineering, or related field is an asset. However, willing to train the “right” candidate with some experience and qualifications who is willing to learn.
- Strong project management, organizational, planning, problem-solving, technical, communication and cross-organizational leadership skills; competent in the use of a computer.
- Flexibility in managing changing priorities and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of hazards and safe work practices with respect to general building maintenance.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nations communities, culture and issues are an asset.
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures.
- Customer-focused – respond promptly to customer needs; receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Respect diversity – treat others with respect; avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Valid BC drivers’ license with clean driver’s abstract.
- Complete Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS) and First-Aid Level 1 upon hiring.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a personal addiction-free lifestyle.
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
- The successful candidate must be fully COVID vaccinated and remain in full compliance with all public health orders and Band policies throughout their employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $27.00 hourly.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all gender.
- January 21, 2022.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department at [email protected]