Coast Tsimshian Academy is inviting applications for the position of Educational Assistant On-Call
Coast Tsimshian Academy (CTA) is seeking enthusiastic and hardworking individuals who are willing to work with students in small and large group settings to fill the position of Educational Assistant (TA). The successful candidate(s) will preferably have experience working one-on-one with both Elementary and High School students who are experiencing behavioural and/or academic challenges. Teacher Assistants work under the overall direction of the Learning Center/Sped ED Teacher and the assigned Classroom Teacher(s) and as Coast Tsimshian Academy staff members, are ultimately responsible to the Principal. The successful candidate(s) may be assigned duties at any grade level (K -12) offered in the school.
Teaching Assistant Duties& Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Tutoring and assisting children individually or in small groups to help them master assignments as well as reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers;
- Supervising students in structured (classroom) and unstructured (hallways, recess, lunch hour) settings as directed by Principal/designate;
- Substituting for short-term teacher absences as required, but generally not for extended periods;
- Assisting in the instruction and supervision of students with emotional, developmental or physical challenges;
- Attending all Staff and instructional meetings as required.
- High school diploma.
- Successful Criminal Record check.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following characteristics:
- Related experience working with children/youth.
- Familiarity with instruction in senior Math, Science, English & Social Studies.
- Related post-secondary education; a valid first-aid certificate.
Wages will be $19.47/hour.
This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to all gender.
Closing date: September 23, 2021.
We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department: [email protected] or drop off a complete resume & Cover Letter to the Coast Tsimshian Academy to the Principal.
We are committed to excellence in education. We provide a safe, nurturing environment where students are encouraged to reach their full potential, to become socially responsible citizens and to pursue life long learning.by