Patient Travel Clerk
Date Classified: July 12, 2021
Business Unit: Health Centre
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Health Director
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Casual and On-Call Patient Travel Clerk. The successful candidate will be responsible for arranging out-of-town transportation for medical appointments along with other related tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assist community members with accommodation for stay during medical travels;
- Advocate for community members with First Nations Health Authority for extenuating circumstances;
- Maintain files and provide reports as deemed necessary for travel purposes;
- Order cheque requisitions from the financial department;
- Process bill payments/invoices and file monthly reports with First Nations Health Authority;
- Must be knowledgeable with First Nations Health Authority patient travel policy or prepared to take the necessary course to become knowledgeable and on the job training can be provided;
- Collaborate with other health professionals in a professional manner;
- Knowledgeable with computer systems and can navigate these systems easily;
- Follow the direction of the Health Director when needed for some extenuating circumstances;
- Maintain client confidentiality, must be responsible and ethical;
- Attend and participate in team meetings;
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Completed Grade 12;
- Excellent Computer Office Skills;
- Pleasant telephone manner;
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- On-call as needed;
- Good standing in the community with knowledge of community members;
- First Aide and CPR preferred or willing to take;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, time management, interpersonal skills; confidentiality, professional conduct, sound judgement, respectful, diplomacy, empathy, sympathy and integrity;
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a personal addiction-free lifestyle;
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $25.01 hourly.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to male and female applicants.
- July 23, 2021.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department at [email protected].by