Date Classified: July 12, 2021
Business Unit: Administration
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Assistant to the CAO
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for an on-call Receptionist. Reporting to the Assistant to the Chief Administrative Officer, the successful candidate is responsible for performing an array of administrative duties, including secretarial and receptionist duties for the Band. He/she will monitor and ensure that all established administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed as it pertains to this position, contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the Reception Area.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Receive the general public at the reception area;
- Respond to requests from the general public;
- Answer and direct telephone calls;
- Sell goods and services of the Band (gasoline, cigarettes, cable);
- Cheque cashing and handle other cash transactions;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Type correspondence as required;
- Update the community message board on the community channel;
- Perform other tasks within the scope of the position.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of Grade 12;
- College Business Technology – Office Assistant or equivalent preferred;
- Familiar with a computerized environment;
- Class 5 Drivers License would be beneficial;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be neat in appearance, with outgoing, friendly and cooperative personality;
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment;
- Pleasant telephone manner and ability to maintain a professional attitude;
- Knowledge of Tsimshian Culture would be a benefit;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently;
- Must be able to schedule and prioritize work;
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities;
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills; strong attention to details;
- Able to deal with people sensitivity, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $21.08/hour.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to male and female applicants.
- July 26, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry.
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]