Date Classified: July 12, 2021
Business Unit: Health Centre
Location: Lax Kw’alaams, BC
Reporting to: Health Director
The Lax Kw’alaams Band has an immediate opening for a Casual and On-Call Homemaker. The successful candidate will be responsible for improving the health and quality of life of the clients we serve while addressing their needs with dignity, respect, responsiveness and compassion. Our promise is to bring superior health outcomes to our clients in a personalized manner.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Deliver services in an appropriate, caring and respectful manner. Takes direction from Home Care Nurse;
- Cleaning bathrooms, tubs, toilet, sinks, floors, and Laundry if required;
- Vacuum, sweep and mop floors;
- Wipe and clean windows and mirrors;
- Clean kitchen and do dishes each visit;
- Clean oven, stove and fridge cleaning once a month;
- Provide care and companionship for individuals and families;
- Escort clients to medical appointments as needed;
- Assist in making meals for clients in their homes if client unable or difficulty;
- Follow Health and Safety principles in delivering care to clients in the community, working effectively and cooperatively with others; attend and participate in team meetings;
- Must be responsible and ethical, shows compassion and maintains confidentiality;
- Must be willing to assist in community engagement workshops for Men/Women/Children and Families;
- Perform all other tasks within the scope of the position and as assigned.
Education, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have completed minimum grade 10 education;
- The position involves performing many tasks that require physical effort, so you must be in good physical condition – moderately heavy activity may include lifting and walking and constant bending is to be expected;
- Experience in a First Nations community;
- First Aide and CPR preferred or willing to take;
- A valid driver’s license;
- Food Safe certification preferred;
- Good organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills, conflict resolution, time management, interpersonal skills; confidentiality, professional conduct, sound judgement, respectful, diplomacy, empathy, sympathy and integrity;
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to embodying a personal addiction-free lifestyle;
- The successful candidate will be asked to provide a current Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening as a condition of employment.
Compensation & Benefits
- Wages will be $18.09 hourly wage, depending on experience;
- This is a Bargaining Unit position and is open to male and female applicants.
- July 23, 2021;
- Pursuant to Section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants of Aboriginal Ancestry;
- We invite all interested parties to reply in the strictest confidence to the Human Resources Department at [email protected].