Lax Kw’alaams is situated approximately 30 km north of Prince Rupert BC on the Pacific coast.
Our community is looking for an experienced and committed Health Director to join our outstanding team! We are seeking a candidate who understands and has knowledge around the political, cultural and spiritual protocols associated with our First Nations community and who will uphold the vision of the community leadership. The Health Director has knowledge of the health and wellness challenges and opportunities specific to the community and provides leadership and mentorship to develop culturally relevant, and safe community health programs and services that will meet the health needs of the community.
- Provide leadership and direction to planning, organizing, implementing, maintaining and evaluating health and wellness programs and services, incorporating input from community and other health system professionals.
- Proactively build and nurture collaborative and respectful working relationships with First Nations in BC, health and wellness partners, and government agencies: utilizing these relationships as an avenue to assist the community to achieve its health and wellness goals and objectives.
- Communicate and coordinate intervention, directly or indirectly, in emergency, trauma and crisis situations
- Ensure emergency management, preparedness planning and/ or pandemic planning is in place
- Ensure programs and services are in compliance with legislation and organizational policy, processes and procedures.
- Ensure financial management of programs and services and proactively seek out diverse funding sources
- Lead and provide day-to-day supervision of health staff and contractors. Foster a cooperative and collaborative working environment through team activities and personal leadership, including the management and resolution of conflicts.
- Prepare and monitor work plans, including reporting through regular and annual reports.
- Lead a health lifestyle grounded in cultural tradition, engaging in self-care and promoting this to staff and community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A university degree or equivalent in Human Services, Health Sciences related to (e.g. Nursing, Health Care Management, Home Support Worker, Social Development or other relate education. An acceptable combination of education, training and experience will be considered
- Significant, recent and relevant experience working in a health setting, including the development, implementation, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of health and social services programs and services.
- Completion of First Nations Health Directors Association Certification Program
- If not completed, prepared to enroll in the Certification program and complete.
- Demonstrated experience in people management including describing work, recruitment, learning, development and career planning, coaching, mentoring and performance management.
- Experience in the collaborative and integrated development, implementation, monitoring and reporting on community health and wellness plans.
Offering a competitive salary, pension, extended health benefits and employee supports for wellness.
August 11, 2020 at 4:00 Pm
Submit your Cover Letter and Resume to:
Lax Kw’Alaams Band
206 Shashaak Street
Lax Kw’Alaams, BC, V0V 1H0
Please note that only those applicants shortlisted will be contacted. If you do not hear from us about this position, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest in our organization. We encourage you to watch our job board for future opportunities.by