The Lax Kw’alaams Band is looking for 5 new positions of Grass, Brush and Tree Cutter. 2 will work in the community cutting grass, bushes and trees and 3 would work on the Bay Road clearing the bushes and trees as well as culvert replacement and addition of rock where needed. Reporting to the maintenance supervisor.
- Cut grass, bushes and trees and move them to a location for disposal
- Transport equipment from/to maintenance shop to/from worksite daily
- Those working further along the Bay road will be dropped off and picked up daily
- Culvert replacement and addition of rock where needed
- Prior experience using grass cutter, loppers, and chainsaw
- Physical ability to perform the tasks for long periods of time rain or shine.
- Positive Attitude
- Reliable and committed & ability to work under pressure
Experience and Education Requirements
- Valid Class 5, or Class 7N BC Driver’s License
- WHMIS, CSTS, Bear Aware, & Chainsaw Safety
Equipment (grass cutter, loppers, chainsaw, and gasoline) will be provided. Must have your own rain gear and steel toe boots.
Start: May 10, 2021 Ends: September 3, 2021 Hours of Work: 8:30am to 12:00pm and 1:00pm to 4:30pm
Rate of Pay: $14.60 (May 10 – May 31), then goes to $15.20 on June 1, 2021 (new minimum wage).
This position is open to male and female applicants.
Deadline: May 6, 2021 at 12:00pm
Kindly submit a cover letter, resume and three current professional references to:
Lax Kw’alaams Band
Attn: Lisa Green
206 Shashaak Street
Lax Kw’alaams, BC V0V 1H0
Email: [email protected]by