Lax Kw’alaams is looking for 2 licenced LPN’s for ferry screening for COVID. This job will entail screening passengers, walk on and vehicles for any signs of COVID or illness that may be suspicious. This job is 3 hours per day 7 days a week alternating sched. for 2 LPN’s.
• Morning ferry from 0700-0800, ½ hour allotted for travel.
• Afternoon ferry from 1600-1700, ½ hour allotted for travel.
Under the direction of Lax Kw’alaams Remote Certified RN and Director of Homecare.
The LPN chosen is expected to be confident in their knowledge of COVID and to be up to date with any changes. The LPN is to assess and recommend to passenger and ferry staff that passage to community is safe or if there is need for the passenger to seek medical attention. Keeping in accordance with the Band Policy for the safety of all community members.
Scope of Role
The LPN is a front-line position and provides direct contact with passengers playing a major role in keeping our community safe.
The position has more freedom to act independently, and can make decisions without hands on supervision, based on their clinical discretion and within the limitations of their license and Lax Kw’alaams Nursing Station policies. The LPN must use their judgment and discretion and confidentiality when, and if, matters must be referred to the ferry staff and to the passenger if, there needs to be follow up and medical attention.
Knowledge and Experience
• Current medical knowledge of the COVID virus.
• Current valid certification by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of British Columbia (CLPNBC)
• Knowledge of competency guidelines, standards, scope and code of ethics as outlined by the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC)
• Valid B.C. Driver’s License
We offer a competitive salary with this position with possibility of advancement in the future.by