What we do:
Contact North BC helps underserved British Columbians in small, rural, remote, First Nation, Metis and
Inuit communities by making it possible for them to access education and training without leaving their
What you do as a member of our team:
Reporting to the community Education Lead in collaboration with the Contact North BC project Director,
the position is based out of our Lax Kw’alaams online learning centre. The successful candidate will:
• Actively support the Community Education and training Lead to recruit and support students by
responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries at the online learning centre, booking appointments
for the community Education Lead and supporting the community Education Lead in other
recruitment activities as needed.
• Directly recruit students in the community following the standard recruitment process and build
local community partnerships to act as referral sources as requested by the community Education
Lead and within parameters set by the community Education Lead.
• Prepare and maintain the online learning centre to support students using the centre.
• Provide basic technical support to students or escalate complex issues to our Information
• Enter and update complete and accurate data in the customer relationship management (CRM)
system ensuring all required fields are populated on a daily and ongoing basis.
• Each Friday afternoon, record data on Requests for Services responded to at the online learning
• Provide support and technical services to students studying from home.
• Administrative duties, data entry and student support services as assigned by the community
What you need to be successful:
• Secondary School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
• Customer service experience.
• Sales experience or support would be considered an asset.
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Experience with and capability to learn to use a variety of learning technologies such as audio,
video and web conferencing.
• Able to take full responsibility for key assigned key areas of student services process while
working with minimal supervision and recommending solutions when escalating or referring
issues to the management team.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Previous data entry experience is considered an asset.
• Experience with or knowledge of online learning is considered an asset.
• Sound functional knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook).
• Ability to speak First Nations language(s) is considered an asset.
• Proven ability to exercise sound judgement and diplomacy through contact with students,
faculty/instructors, local host and other community stakeholders.
Contact North BC provides:
• A dynamic and friendly work environment where employees have an opportunity to do meaningful
work and grow.
• The opportunity to contribute to our mandate to help British Columbians get the education and
training they need for future opportunities.
• 35 hrs/wk
• An attractive compensation package:
o $18.50 per hour wage plus vacation and statutory holiday pay ($20.00 total per hour)
How to apply:
• Application deadline is January 14, 2022 – 3:00 p.m.
• Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
• Start Date as soon as possible.
Contact North BC is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.