Information about the Role
In order to understand and support the investigation into providing a full-service child-care facility in the community, the Lax Kw’alaams Band wishes to carry-out a Child Care Parent Survey to fully understand the current and future needs.
In order to carry this out, the Lax Kw’alaams Band is offering two short term (1 month) contract positions to carry-out the survey. The purpose of these positions will be to coordinate and complete surveys with community members and summarize the results of the work undertaken.
Work will be coordinated through the Lax Kw’alaams Administration Office and will involve visiting all or most of the residences in the community. Successful candidates will be expected to present, explain and complete surveys with all interested partiess
Candidates will be required to demonstrate in their application, how they are suited to carry-out this work and what knowledge and skills they possess that will ensure the work is carried-out in a professional and timely manner.
Access to transportation will be required in order to make home visits and some evening hours may be required.
The contract rate for this opportunity is $20/hr. to a maximum of 160 hours.
How to Apply
To be considered for this opportunity, all applications must be received no later than 4:00pm on October 31st 2019
Applications may be:
- Accessed on the Lax Kw’alaams website laxkwalaams.ca or picked up at the Administration Office.
- Dropped off at the Administration Building during regular hours, or;
- Emailed to the attention of Deanna Mather at [email protected]
- Please feel free to add your resume or a covering letter to provide all relevant information.
Additional Information for Candidates:
- It is anticipated that work will be carried out between November 12th thru December 9th .
- If more information is required, please contact Ted Adnitt at either [email protected] or at the Lax Kw’alaams office until October 25th or after that date by phone at 604-989-8880.
- Members who have accounts payable with the Lax Kw’alaams Band will be subject to a maximum 10% deduction to be applied to their account.
- While all applications are appreciated, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
About the Organization
The Lax Kw’alaams elected Mayor & Council, in cooperation with hereditary leaders, is mandated to preserve and enhance the social, economic, political and cultural well-being of Lax Kw’alaams Members and Community; to maintain our pride and independence based on mutual trust and accountability; and to conserve the wildlife, fish, their habitat and our tribal & traditional territories for the well-being of current and future generations.
To achieve our Vision the Lax Kw’alaams elected Mayor and Council will:
- Collect and share information with our members, hereditary leaders and partners as we work collaboratively towards a common vision.
- Advocate and lobby for the expressed needs of our members and community as we design, deliver and evaluate programs and services for their benefit.
- Recognize and validate everyone as a valued member of the Lax Kw’alaams team through generous listening, timely communication, respectful behavior and shared accountability.
- Educate and inform ourselves, and others, as we endeavor to protect, preserve and enhance our tribal and traditional cultural resources.
Please see the original job posting and application below.by