Abuses to travel restrictions have now resulted in stricter measures.
We have repetitively asked for community cooperation, and we thank the majority of our members, but there will always be a few who will jeopardize our health. We will not allow this to occur.
- Ferry reservations must be made by 1:00 PM on the day before sailing. Reservations will be reviewed by a team consisting of health care professionals and administration. Ferry personnel do not have the authority to allow access to passengers so please don’t show up at the last minute and expect boarding. You will be refused.
- We are placing barricades on the Tuck Road in order to prevent after hour traffic to Tuck.
- Water taxis must now get clearance to drop of materials or individuals. Water taxi companies have been advised of this restriction.
- Private boats will not be permitted ashore except to unload materials. This applies primarily for Tuck Inlet and does not apply to members going out to fish.
- Effective Monday, April 27, a Band operated flatbed will be loaded at Tuck on morning sailings. It will remain in Rupert and prior to the return sailing, people can load groceries for our members. The truck will return to Tuck on the afternoon sailing where it will be driven off the ferry. Residents can obtain their groceries at the landing under supervision from security. Members and their trucks will therefore no longer be allowed to drive on the ferry to get their groceries. This will stop the congestion that occurs on board the ferry and will solve the problem of schedule delays that have occurred with ferry departures.
- The 8 plex is now open for 14 day isolation. We will ask that those in isolation bring their own bedding and groceries, and that they keep the units clean. No smoking except on the back porch. We will have internet and cable enabled later this week.
- We have witnessed a handful of individuals who blatantly lie in order to gain entry into the community. The health care and administrative team will be recommending to Council that these people be refused residency by BCR until such time as the crisis is over or until the violator publicly apologize to the community. Enough is enough.
Please think of your neighbor.