LAX KW’ALAAMS to PRINCE RUPERT ONLY
We have been monitoring the situation in Prince Rupert and since there are no cases it resulted in the Emergency Measures Committee(EMC) to meet on January 14, 2021.
The EMC decided that: (Effective Friday, January 15, 2021)
- The corridor is now Lax Kw’alaams to Prince Rupert ONLY.
- Members from Prince Rupert are allowed to enter Lax Kw’alaams. This also applies to medical health professionals and contractors.
- Contractors who are outside the corridor will be assessed on an individual basis. Priority will be given to essential services or the various projects currently underway that influence community infrastructure and safety.
- Residents who must travel under the category of ‘patient travel’ and go beyond the Prince Rupert corridor must isolate.
- The isolation period is 10 days. Within that 10-day period, there must be no sign of elevated temperature, breathing difficulty or any signs of COVID.
- Susan Dennis, CHR (Community Health Rep) will be monitoring those that need to isolate. She will be giving directions for isolation as well as checking up on the health and well being of those during the isolation period.
The EMC will continue to monitor Prince Rupert and will meet should there be any reported COVID cases.
Members are encouraged to wear masks AT ALL TIMES.
Any questions regarding the flow of ferry traffic in and out of Lax Kw’alaams can be directed to Lisa Green, Assistant to the CAO at (250) 625-3293 Ext 242, 1-877-725-3293 Ext 242 or via email at [email protected].