Transportation Corridor is restricted to Prince Rupert ONLY.
Outbreak in the Terrace area including the Nass, and Kitsumkalum
The Emergency Measures Committee (EMC) met on January 4, 2021 to discuss amended travel restrictions.
We have been monitoring the North, particularly Terrace, the Nass, and Kitsumkalum all of which have experienced an increase in COVID 19 cases over the holidays.
The Committee Decided:
- The corridor is now Lax Kw’alaams to Prince Rupert.
- Members from Prince Rupert ONLY are allowed to enter Lax Kw’alaams. This also applies to medical health professionals and contractors.
- Contractors who are outside the corridor will be assessed on an individual basis. Priority will be given to essential services or the various projects currently underway that influence community infrastructure and safety.
- Residents who must travel under the category of ‘patient travel’ and go beyond the Prince Rupert corridor must isolate.
- The isolation period is 10 days. Within that 10-day period, there must be no sign of elevated temperature, breathing difficulty or any signs of COVID.
This is effective January 5, 2021 and will be reviewed in two weeks.
Members are encouraged to wear masks AT ALL TIMES.