Since 1996, the First Peoples’ Cultural Council has supported First Nations and Aboriginal arts in British Columbia through the delivery of funding and other strategic initiatives. With the ongoing support of the BC Arts Council, we are pleased to announce the second year of the Aboriginal Youth Engaged in the Arts Program. First Nations and Aboriginal arts organizations and collectives that have a demonstrated commitment to the practice of arts and development of artists are invited to apply to the program.
Call for Proposals:
DEADLINE: December 1, 2014
This initiative will invite applications specifically meant to:
• support youth cultural identity and sense of place, through artistic expression
• improve the quality of life for youth , through involvement in the arts
• contribute to youth participation in local arts and cultural economies
• implement new arts activities that focus on engaging youth between the ages of 15 and 30 Grants of up to $13,000 will support projects in any artistic discipline (visual, music, performing, dance, media, literary or multi-disciplinary). These projects will:
• engage youth in the arts through interactions with artists visiting through short-term residencies (1-4 weeks) in remote and reserve communities , and/or
• engage youth in the arts through workshop series with local artists work ing in any discipline (artist’s fees , materials , facilities)
• Enhanced projects – during youth workshops or collaborations, visiting artists work with local emerging artists to build their capacity to engage with youth through the arts.
Remote and reserve communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, guidelines, and application forms visit: www.fpcc.ca
Providing support through the application process remains a priority for the First Peoples’ Council Arts Program. If you intend to apply or would like more information, please contact the Arts Program Staff:
First Peoples’ Cultural Council
1A Boat Ramp Road, Brentwood Bay, B.C., V8M 1N9
Phone: (250) 652-5952
Email: cathi@fpcc .ca or kyla@fpcc .caby