Notice of Nomination Process
Nomination period will commence on January 11, 2017, at 8:30 a.m. and end on January 19, 2017, at 5:00 pm
- Candidates for the positions of four (4) Trustees, (three on reserve trustees and one off reserve trustee) for the remainder of the current term which expires at the time of the General Election in 2019.
- You must be 19 years or older to vote, to be a candidate, and/or to nominate a candidate.
- Trustees must submit a nomination form along with the signatures of support for your nomination from five (5) Lax Kw’alaams Members
- Electors residing on/off reserve may be a candidate for the position of Trustee, three on reserve and one off reserve.
- A nomination form is enclosed or may be obtained from the Electoral Officer or her website below.
- A list of approved candidates will be posted at the Band office on January 20, 2017.
- Nomination papers must include: 1) the signed nomination form, AND 2) 5 supporter signatures.
Nomination papers MUST BE received by the Electoral Officer prior to the deadline of 5:00 pm on January 19, 2017. ANY PAPERS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Further, failure to comply with the rules and procedures as set forth in the Lax Kw’alaams Band Election Regulations will void the nomination of the candidate.
The byelection will be held at Lax Kw’alaams on March 2, 2017. A second polling station will be in Prince Rupert, BC at the Community Office, 100, 1st Ave East, V8J 1Z6, on the same day. All polls will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Any elector may vote in person or by requesting a mail-in ballot from the Electoral Officer.
Download the Notice of Nomination & Statement Relating to the Posting of the Notice of Election here: Notice-of-Nominationby